M.Sc., Chemistry and Patent Agent in Canada and in the United States, Partner
Try not! Do or do not. There is no tryYoda, The Empire Strikes Back
Nancy Barriault specializes in the drafting and prosecution of patent applications, and in the drafting of opinions on validity, infringement, right to manufacture and patentability in the fields related to chemistry and life sciences. Nancy Barriault is also involved in due diligence matters and in the management of patent portfolios. She is a registered patent agent in Canada (2007) and the United States (2010).
Before joining ROBIC, Nancy worked as intellectual property manager in the pharmaceutical industry, where she acquired experience in the management of a patent portfolio in Canada as well as in foreign countries, going from the drafting and filing of patent applications up until their issuance.
Prior to her debut in the field of intellectual property in 2004, Nancy also worked in the research and development of new pharmaceuticals, more particularly in medicinal and synthetic chemistry.
Nancy is part of the ROBIC Life Sciences Committee.
- Master of Science in Chemistry, University of Sherbrooke (1998)
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, University of Sherbrooke (1996)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- Ordre des Chimistes du Québec (OCQ)
- Chemical industry
- Electrochemical industry
- Formulations and cosmetics
- Life sciences
- Pharmaceutical and biotechnology
- Patents - Counsel
- Drafting and Prosecution of Patent Applications
- Validity, Infringement, Freedom to Operate and Patentability Opinions
- International Patent Portfolio Management
- Patents - Fields of Science and Engineering
- Catalysis and Polymers
- Polymers Chemistry
- Formulation and Cosmetics
- Organic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Materials Chemistry
- Industrial Processes