History

Founded in 1892 by the Marion brothers—both engineers—the firm flourished under the direction of Raymond A. Robic, who joined the patent and trademark agency in 1917. Raymond A. Robic quickly became the firm’s driving force, and the ROBIC name found its way onto the firm’s letterhead in 1932, where it has remained ever since. Under the leadership and vision of the late Raymond A. Robic, author, teacher and inventor, the firm grew in size, expertise and reputation.

In 1970, the law firm LEGER ROBIC RICHARD was formed to provide specialized services in the field of intellectual property counselling, litigation and licensing, primarily to ROBIC clients. Over the years, the law firm leveraged its niche status to grow and diversify its practice to include business law and commercial litigation while continuing to grow its traditional practice, covering all aspects of intellectual property.

The synergies between the law firm and the patent and trademark agency flourished over the decades to the point that the two firms merged their activities into one fully integrated entity that offers the full range of intellectual property services under the ROBIC trademark—a single brand for a singular institution representing a long tradition of excellence.

In 2017, the firm is celebrating its 125th anniversary and counts more than 180 employees.