Catherine Thall Dubé
Research is formalized curiosity, It is poking and prying with a purposeZora Neale Hurston
Catherine Thall Dubé practices intellectual property law, with a focus on IP litigation and is a member of the Regulatory Group. In addition to advising clients on trademark, industrial design, copyright and trade secret issues, Catherine has particular patent litigation experience with respect to mechanical, medical device and pharmaceutical patents as well as related regulatory issues. Her practice also extends to advising clients on the implementation of their intellectual property strategies.
Catherine completed a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Law (LL.B) at the Université de Montréal in 2016 and holds a Juris Doctor (JD) from the Université de Montréal since 2017. Catherine also earned a Bachelor of Science in Anatomy and Cell Biology from McGill University in 2013 and pursued graduate studies and obtained a Master of Science in Clinical Pharmacology (M.Sc) from the University of Montreal in 2016. Her graduate studies focused on the effect of the combination of two drugs in the treatment of pediatric leukemia.
Catherine is also very involved in The Advocates’ Society, both in Quebec and in Canada. Since 2021, Catherine has been a member of the Young Advocates’ Standing Committee, a committee of The Advocates’ Society devoted to promoting the interests and development of young lawyers in the profession across Canada and has been the co-chair of its Quebec regional division.
Catherine joined ROBIC’s team of professionals after completing her articling with the firm.
- Successfully represented a major wireless speakers company in a patent litigation against Google in one of the first decisions about Internet-of-Things in Canada.
- Represents pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers and distributors in patent infringement and invalidity cases before the Federal Court.
- Advises pharmaceutical manufacturers and distributors on regulatory matters.
- Advises one of Canada’s leading companies in kitchenware on a day-to-day basis on the implementation of its intellectual property strategy.
- Represents a company in the restaurant industry on a trademark infringement matter before the Federal Court.
- Represented snow removal equipment manufacturer and distributor in patent infringement and invalidity cases before the Federal Court.
- Represents a provider of cloud-based software for aviation solutions in a patent infringement and invalidity matter before the Federal Court.
- Member of the Quebec Bar (2018)
- Juris Doctor (JD), Université de Montréal (2017)
- Bachelor of Civil Law (LL.B.), Université de Montréal (2017)
- Master of Science in Clinical Pharmacology (M. Sc), Université de Montréal (2016)
- Bachelor of Science in Anatomy and Cell Biology (B.Sc), Université McGill (2013)
- Young Bar of Montreal
- Association des Diplômés en Droit de l'Université de Montréal (ADDUM)
- Société des plaideurs du Québec
- Member of the Young Advocate Standing Committee of The Advocate Society
- YASC Subcommittee co-chair for the National Events subcommittee
- Co-chair of the Quebec Young Advocate Society Regional Committee
- YASC Representative for the Quebec Advisory Committee of The Advocate Society
- Food and Beverage
- Entertainment and media
- IT and Software
- Regulatory Affairs
- Copyright - Counsel
- Industrial Design - counsel
- Patented Medicine Litigation
- Medical Devices
- Patents and Industrial Design Litigation
- Trademarks Litigation
- Domain Names Litigation
- Copyright Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Prevention and Resolution of Disputes and Conflicts
- Patents - Counsel
- Licensing and Technology Transfers (Patents - Counsel)
- Patents - Fields of Science and Engineering
- Charter of the French Language
- Opposition and Cancellation Proceedings
- Tout ce que vous devez savoir sur les secrets de commerce (ROBIC, décembre 2020)