Biochemist and Patent Agent in Canada and in the United States, Partner
Tel. Montréal: 514 987-8894
Languages: French, English, Chinese
Kites rise highest against the wind. Not with itWinston Churchill
Zhen Wong is a registered patent agent in Canada since 2002 and in the United States since 2003. She is a biochemist by training and specializes in patent prosecution and providing various patent related opinions such as validity, infringement, freedom to manufacture and patentability in several fields, including chemistry and life sciences.
Zhen regularly advises her clients on how to effectively protect their interests and assets, while taking into account their business realities. She is particularly experienced in strategic planning including patent due diligence and international patent portfolio management.
She joined ROBIC in 1996 and became a partner in 2003. She is a member of the management committee and manages the firm’s patent sector.
- Bachelor in Biochemistry (B. Sc.), Université de Montréal (1995)
- Ordre des chimistes du Québec (OCQ)
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Clean Tech
- Life Sciences
- Patents - Counsel
- Due Diligence
- Portfolio Management
- Drafting and Prosecution of Patent Applications
- Validity, Infringement, Freedom to Operate and Patentability Opinions
- Strategic Planning
- International Patent Portfolio Management
- Licensing and Technology Transfers (Patents - Counsel)
- Patents - Fields of Science and Engineering
- The COVID-19 Pandemic in the World of intellectual property
- The Biodiesel Patent Landscape in Canada
- Ce que tout chimiste averti devrait savoir sur les brevets. Mini guide du déposant – Partie I
- Looking at References: Construing Patent Claims in Hoffmann-Laroche LTD V. Mayne Pharma (Canada) inc.
- Bill C-9 an Act to Amend the Patent Act and the Food and Drugs Act – A Humanitarian Initiative
- The Importance of Registering Licenses on Patents in the Patent Office
- Federal Court of Appeals Rules Oncomouse Patentable
- Important Decision Regarding Patentability in Canada of Living Life Form
- “Medical Treatment Method” Pursuant to the Patent Act
- Patentability of Transgenic Animals: The Federal Court Says No!