Biochemist and Patent Agent in Canada and in the United States, Partner
Kites rise highest against the wind. Not with itWinston Churchill
With over 20 years of experience in intellectual property, Zhen Wong provides patent counsel specializing in the fields of life sciences and chemistry including pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, industrial and agricultural biotechnology, food science, electrochemistry, clean technology and cosmetics. Her practice is focused on the drafting and prosecution of patent applications and in preparing opinions on validity, infringement, freedom to operate and patentability.
Zhen is particularly experienced in strategic planning, patent prosecution, and patent due diligence. She is often called upon to be a strategic advisor for the intellectual property concerns of clients in the academic and corporate sectors.
Zhen is a member of ROBIC’s management committee and is the partner responsible for the patent sector’s life sciences group. She also sits on other committees including the business development committee.
- Bachelor in Biochemistry (B. Sc.), Université de Montréal (1995)
- Ordre des chimistes du Québec (OCQ)
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Clean Tech
- Life Sciences
- Patents - Counsel
- Due Diligence (Patents - Counsel)
- Portfolio Management
- Drafting and Prosecution of Patent Applications
- Validity, Infringement, Freedom to Operate and Patentability Opinions
- Strategic Planning
- International Patent Portfolio Management
- Licensing and Technology Transfers (Patents - Counsel)
- Patents - Fields of Science and Engineering
- The Biodiesel Patent Landscape in Canada
- Ce que tout chimiste averti devrait savoir sur les brevets. Mini guide du déposant – Partie I
- Looking at References: Construing Patent Claims in Hoffmann-Laroche LTD V. Mayne Pharma (Canada) inc.
- Bill C-9 an Act to Amend the Patent Act and the Food and Drugs Act – A Humanitarian Initiative
- The Importance of Registering Licenses on Patents in the Patent Office
- Federal Court of Appeals Rules Oncomouse Patentable
- Important Decision Regarding Patentability in Canada of Living Life Form
- “Medical Treatment Method” Pursuant to the Patent Act
- Patentability of Transgenic Animals: The Federal Court Says No!