Yuheng Tom Zhang
Lawyer and Patent Agent in Canada and the United States
Something special happened today, I got green lights all the way, with no big red sign to stop me, no traffic jam delayGreen Lights, Aloe Blacc
Tom Zhang specializes in the drafting and prosecution of patent applications and providing patentability, validity, infringement and freedom to operate opinions in the fields of electricity, telecommunications, information technology, artificial intelligence, fintech and mechanical inventions.
Before joining ROBIC, Tom Zhang worked both in private practice with a Canadian intellectual property firm, as well as an in-house counsel and patent agent for a Canadian company offering solutions for the security industry.
- Member of the Québec Bar (2012)
- Member of the Ontario Bar (2011)
- Bachelor of Civil Law (B.C.L.) and Common Law (LL.B.), McGill University (2010)
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, McGill University (2006)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- Young Bar Association of Montreal
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data management
- Electronic circuits and chips
- Image processing and pattern recognition
- Industrial processes
- Mechanical apparatuses
- Software inventions, including mobile, internet and cloud-based solutions
- Industrial Design - counsel
- Patents - Counsel
- Patents - Fields of Science and Engineering
- Patenting AI assisted inventions – is a new obviousness standard required?
- Are blockchain developers also developing a patent protection strategy? A look at patent filing activities in the area of blockchain
- Untangling patent rights: when employees and contractors invent
- Blockchain – What is it and what are its IP issues?