Ph.D., Lawyer, Patent Agent
There is no problem so complicated that you can’t find a very simple answer to it if you look at it right. Or put it another way, the future of computer power is pure simplicity.Douglas Adams
Formerly a research scientist in the field of artificial intelligence, Valmi Dufour-Lussier now works as an intellectual property lawyer.
He holds a master’s degree in cognitive science and a doctorate in computer science from the Université de Lorraine. He also worked as a postdoctoral researcher at Moncton University and taught computer science at the undergraduate and graduate levels in Canada and France. During his research career, he has developed expertise particularly in Knowledge Representation and Reasoning, in Natural Language Processing and in the development of hybrid stochastic–symbolic solutions.
During his law studies at McGill University, he worked as a research assistant at the Centre for Intellectual Property Policy and as a technology transfer intern in the University’s Office of Innovation and Partnerships. After completing his Bachelor of Civil Law and Juris Doctor in 2020, he articled with ROBIC before joining its team of professionals.
- Bachelor's degree, University of Montréal (2008)
- Master's degree in cognitive science, Université Nancy 2 (2010)
- Doctorate in computer science, Université de Lorraine (2014)
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Law and Juris Doctor, McGill University (2021)
- Member of the Québec Bar (2021)
- Patents - Counsel
- Drafting and Prosecution of Patent Applications
- Validity, Infringement, Freedom to Operate and Patentability Opinions
- Patents - Fields of Science and Engineering
- Computer Science
- Image Processing and Computer Aided Vision
- Artificial Intelligence