Lawyer and Patent Agent
If you're always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be.Maya Angelou
Stacey Dunn specializes in the drafting and prosecution of patent and industrial design applications in the field of life sciences, agriculture, and consumer products. She also provides patentability, validity, infringement, and freedom to operate opinions.
As part of her studies in molecular genetics at the University of Manitoba, Stacey completed a research internship at Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, where she worked on formulating and testing Bacillus subtilis bio-fungicides for the treatment of clubroot disease in canola.
Stacey joined ROBIC in 2021 after working at an IP boutique in Ottawa.
- Member of Ontario Bar (2018)
- Juris Doctor (JD), University of Manitoba (2017)
- B.Sc. Genetics (Honours), University of Manitoba (2012)
- Licensing Executives Society (USA & Canada) - Past Chair of the Young Members Congress (YMC)
- Licensing Executives Society International (LESI) - Vice-Chair of the Pan-American Region for YMC and Co-Chair of the New York YMC Conference Planning Committee
- Patents - Fields of Science and Engineering
- Life Sciences
- Industrial Design
- Green Technologies
- Medical Devices
- Business Law
- Industrial Designs
- Contract drafting, negotiation and revision
- Licensing and Technology Transfers (Business Law)
- Patents - Counsel
- Due Diligence
- Drafting and Prosecution of Patent Applications
- Validity, Infringement, Freedom to Operate and Patentability Opinions
- Licensing and Technology Transfers (Patents - Counsel)