Olivier Provost-Cao specializes in the drafting and prosecution of patent and industrial design applications, mainly in the mechanical engineering field.
He is also regularly called upon to provide validity, infringement and freedom to operate opinions.
Olivier Provost-Cao has also been involved in several major patent infringement cases, particularly in the areas of transport vehicles and aeronautics. He now uses this expertise to advise his clients to allow them to obtain the best possible protection for their innovations.
Olivier Provost-Cao’s clients include local and international businesses operating in a wide variety of fields, including:
– Manufacturing processes
– Consumer products
– Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC)
– Virtual reality
– Artificial intelligence
Before joining ROBIC, Olivier Provost-Cao worked for nearly 10 years in private practice at a large international firm.
Olivier Provost-Cao is also actively involved in a number of professional committees at the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC), and has been teaching a course on industrial design protection at the Université de Sherbrooke’s Faculty of Law for several years.
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautics option, Université de Sherbrooke (2007)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- Industrial Design - counsel
- Drafting and Prosecution of Industrial Design Applications
- Validity, Infringement and Freedom to Operate Opinions
- Patents - Counsel
- Due Diligence (Patents - Counsel)
- Portfolio Management
- Drafting and Prosecution of Patent Applications
- Validity, Infringement, Freedom to Operate and Patentability Opinions
- Strategic Planning
- Patents - Fields of Science and Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Industrial Processes
- Aeronautics and Aerospace
- Clean Tech
- Construction and Structures
- Cosmetics, Fashion and Luxury Products
- IT, Communications and Software