Engineer, Lawyer and Patent Agent in Canada and in the United States, Partner
Whenever you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do itTheodore Roosevelt
Nathalie Jodoin specializes in the drafting and prosecution of patent applications and providing patentability, validity, infringement and freedom to operate opinions in the fields of chemical, mechanical, physical and electrochemical metallurgy, material science, chemical process and water treatment. She is a registered patent agent in Canada and in the United States since 1998.
Nathalie Jodoin is involved in due diligence matters, the management of patent portfolios and strategic counselling.
She was a member of the management committee of the firm from 2003 to 2019 and of the operating group of the patent sector and responsible for in-house training of patent executives for many years.
She was also for three years on the IPIC Committee responsible for the preparation and correction of the patent agent Exam.
She is a member of the AIPPI-Canada (International Association for the protection of intellectual property) and sits as a consultant on the Council. She also sits on the Board of Directors of a public mining company.
- Member of the Québec Bar (1990)
- Bachelor in Civil Law (LL.B.), Université de Montréal (1989)
- Bachelor in Engineering – Metallurgy (B. Eng.), École Polytechnique de Montréal (1985)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- IAM Patent 1000 : Individuals – Prosecution
- Construction materials
- Metallurgy, material science, surface treatment
- Mining industry
- Packaging Products
- Concrete mansory and landscaping products
- Waste water treatment
- Industrial Design - counsel
- Medical Devices
- Drafting and Prosecution of Industrial Design Applications
- Validity, Infringement and Freedom to Operate Opinions
- Patents - Counsel
- Due Diligence
- Portfolio Management
- Drafting and Prosecution of Patent Applications
- Validity, Infringement, Freedom to Operate and Patentability Opinions
- Licensing and Technology Transfers (Patents - Counsel)
- Patents - Fields of Science and Engineering
- Medical Devices
- Process Engineering
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Industrial Processes
- When is the Appropriate Moment for a Patent Applicant to Claim Small Entity Status According to the Patent Rules ?
- A Separate Trial on Claim Construction: Is the Markman Proceeding Welcome in Canada?
- Brief Comment on the Baker Petrolite Corp. v. Canwell Enviroindustries Ltd Decision Rendered by the Federal Court of Canada on April 29, 2002 Regarding Anticipation Resulting From a Prior Use or Sale
- Supply Agreements Between Two Pharmaceutical Companies: Latest Developments