Chemist and Patent Agent in Canada and in the United States
The best way to have a good idea is to have a lot of ideasLinus Pauling
Michel Bélanger specializes in the drafting and the prosecution of patent applications in chemistry and in simple mechanics.
He is a registered patent agent in Canada since 1991 and in the United States since 1994. He has been working in the field of intellectual property since 1980.
Expert in drafting of opinions concerning patentability, validity, infringement and freedom to operate patents, Michel Bélanger is also involved in due diligence opinions and in industrial design protections.
During his studies in Chemistry, Michel Bélanger did an internship at the Institut de recherche d’Hydro-Québec (IREQ) where he was assigned to various laboratory tasks. His internship report presented to the Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières (UQTR) was related to differential impulsional voltametry.
Michel Bélanger started his career in intellectual property within our firm as soon as he completed his studies at the UQTR. He worked within our firm during sixteen consecutive years, then gained experience within national sized Canadian firms. In 2008, he returned to our firm.
- Bachelor of Science – Chemistry (BSc) , Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières (1980)
- Ordre des chimistes du Québec (OCQ)
- Association pour le développement de l'industrie chimique québécoise (ADICQ)
- Association des chimistes et biochimistes du Québec (ACBQ)
- Petroleum chemistry
- Pulps and papers chemistry
- Organic chemistry (pharmaceutics, cosmetics, polymers…)
- Inorganic chemistry
- Simple mechanics
- Patents - Counsel
- Due Diligence
- Portfolio Management
- Drafting and Prosecution of Patent Applications
- Validity, Infringement, Freedom to Operate and Patentability Opinions
- Patents - Fields of Science and Engineering
- Polymers Chemistry
- Formulation and Cosmetics
- Organic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry