Well done is better than well saidBenjamin Franklin
Marie-Eve Côté specializes in transactional, commercial and corporate law as well as technology transfers.
She advises clients on strategies related to commercial matters as well as intellectual property. Taking into account the business reality of her clients, Marie-Eve advises them on maximizing the protection of their interests and assets.
She is involved in the development and implementation of contractual structures and technology transfer programs.
Although Marie-Eve specializes in negotiating and drafting commercial agreements, such as financing or subscription contracts, mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations and shareholders or partners agreements, she is also frequently required to draft and negotiate contracts related to licensing, distribution, technology transfers, research and development, joint ventures and partnerships.
- Member of the Québec Bar (2000)
- Bachelor of Civil Law (LL.B.), Université de Montréal (1999)
- Degree in Political Sciences, Université de Montréal (1996)
- Canadian Bar Association (CBA)
- Licensing Executive Society (LES)
- Best Lawyers 2021: Technology Law
- Finalist in the category "JBM Lawyer of the Year" in Corporate Law (2010)
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology
- Life Sciences
- IT, Communications and Software
- Venture Capital
- Artificial Intelligence
- Universities and commercialisation organisations
- Manufacturing, retail and distribution
- Marketing and advertising
- Emerging Technologies
- Financial Technologies
- E-commerce and digital marketing
- Business Law
- Medical Devices
- Due Diligence
- Corporate Reorganizations
- Research and Development Contracts
- Confidentiality and Trade Secrets
- Business Strategies and Negotiations
- Start-ups (Business Law)
- Licensing and Technology Transfers (Business Law)
- Financing (Including Venture Capital)
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Management and Commercialization of Intellectual Property Rights
- Contracts (Negotiation, Drafting and Review)
- Consortiums and Joint Ventures
- New obligations for private federal corporations : a register of individuals with significant control
- The Dunkin’ Donuts Case: Doughnuts and Coffee for $11 Millions
- A Hard Muffin to Swallow!
- An inventor loses his rights ; the importance of establishing clear agreements
- “Guitar hero” : Licensed rights in harmony ?
- From “Closed Company” to “Private Issuer” – A Small Revolution for Private Businesses
- Assignment of Contracts
- The Alberta Court of Appeal Discusses Franchises in Alberta
- Summary of Modifications Made to the Canada Business Corporations Act
- International Mergers & Acquisitions: the Canadian Perspective
- View more publications