Lawyer and Trademark Agent
The best way to predict the future is to invent itAlan Kay
- Practice areas
- Client industries
Marcel Naud specializes in intellectual property contract law, copyright and trademarks, with an emphasis on the needs of suppliers and entrepreneurs in the information technology sector and their clients. He also advises the firm’s clients on the protection of data, trade secrets and other confidential information, the management of personal information and the prevention and resolution of commercial disputes.
Over the years, Marcel Naud has acquired extensive experience and high-level expertise in legal issues related to the digitization of business processes, services, works and other products, including advances in artificial intelligence and big data, as well as domain names and cases of Internet misuse.
He is regularly involved in domain name arbitration proceedings before World Intellectual Property Organization, ADR Forum and Resolution Canada, and assists his colleagues and lawyers working in business or private practice in various regions of Canada and around the world in transactions and legal proceedings.
He is occasionally asked by various associations and providers of continuing education services to act as a speaker or moderator on topics at the forefront of the evolution of intellectual property law.
- Specialized Graduate Diploma in Management Applied to Arts and Culture (D.E.S.S.), HEC Montréal (2009)
- Member of the Québec Bar (2001)
- Bachelor in Civil and Common Law (LL.B et B.C.L.), McGill University (1999)
- Association québécoise des technologies (AQT)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada : Internet Committee and Editorial Board of the Canadian Intellectual Property Review (IPIC)
- Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD).
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2020 : Repeatedly Recommended Computer & IT Law
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2019: Repeatedly recommended by his peers as featured Leading Lawyer in computer and IT law
- Clothing and fashion accessories
- Financial Services
- Emerging Technologies
- Data Protection, Privacy and Cybersecurity
- E-commerce and digital marketing
- Business Law
- Confidentiality and Trade Secrets
- Access to Information and Privacy Rights
- Start-ups (Business Law)
- E-commerce and Consumer Protection
- Production and Publishing Contracts
- Distribution Contracts
- Licensing and Technology Transfers (Business Law)
- Contracts (Negotiation, Drafting and Review)
- Copyright - Counsel
- Copyright Contracts and Negotiations
- Licenses and Assignments
- Trademarks Litigation
- Domain Names Litigation
- Copyright Litigation
- Prevention and Resolution of Disputes and Conflicts
- Charter of the French Language
- Domain Names (Protection, Management and Arbitration Proceedings)
- Trademark Availability (Searches and Opinions)
- Trademark Contracts and Negotiations
- Protection Strategies for Trademarks and Trade names
- Opposition and Cancellation Proceedings
- Update on the new obligation to disclose nominee agreements
- Explainable Artificial Intelligence – A Transatlantic Perspective
- New obligation to disclose nominee agreements
- Site-blocking: a new type of order in Canada for holders of infringed copyrights
- Recent Changes in Bankruptcy and Intellectual Property Licensing
- Should Canadians worry about the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)?
- How to force Google to globally de-index the websites of a distributor of counterfeit products? A Canadian example shows it can be done.
- Linkedin: To Be or Not to Be Linked, That is the Question
- The Public Display of a Trade-mark in English Only is Permitted in Quebec
- An Overview of International Jurisprudence on Embedded Linking and Framing Related Unfair-Competition, Passing-Off and Trademark Questions
- View more publications
- Vendre en ligne de façon optimale : cadre légal et bonnes pratiques (ROBIC, novembre 2020)