Lawyer, Engineer and Patent Agent in Canada and the United States, Partner
As for the future, your task is not to foresee it, but to enable itAntoine de Saint-Exupéry
- Practice areas
- Client industries
Louis-Pierre Gravelle specializes in the drafting and prosecution of patent applications and providing patentability, validity, infringement and right to manufacture opinions in the fields of electricity, telecommunications, mechanicals and information technology.
He is a registered patent agent in Canada since 1998 and in the United States since 1999.
In addition to the drafting and prosecution of patent applications, Louis-Pierre Gravelle is involved in due diligence matters and in managing patent portfolio. He is also involved in strategic counselling for medium and large-sized businesses.
Louis-Pierre also sits on the business development committee, the information technology committee and the office automation committee of the firm.
- Member of the Québec Bar (1995)
- Bachelor in Common Law (LL.B.), University of Ottawa (1995)
- Bachelor in Civil Law (LL.L.), University of Ottawa (1994)
- Bachelor in Applied Sciences – Electrical Engineering (B. Sc. A.), University of Ottawa (1991)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC) – Treasurer; Past chair of the Patent Practice Committee; Past vice-chair of the Forums and Seminars Committee
- Canadian Bar Association (CBA) - Past-chair of the Intellectual Property Section
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- FICPI – Reporter for the Professional Education Commission
- FICPI Canada – Treasurer
- Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ)
- Best Lawyers : Intellectual Property Law (Since 2012)
- IAM Patent 1000 (Since 2012)
- Lexpert : Frequently recommended (2017)
- Optic systems
- Financial field
- Software, including games, mobile platforms, Internet and Image Processing
- Medical devices
- Business Law
- Due Diligence (Business Law)
- Licensing and Technology Transfers (Business Law)
- Industrial Design - counsel
- Drafting and Prosecution of Industrial Design Applications
- Validity, Infringement and Freedom to Operate Opinions
- Patents - Counsel
- Portfolio Management
- Drafting and Prosecution of Patent Applications
- Validity, Infringement, Freedom to Operate and Patentability Opinions
- Licensing and Technology Transfers (Patents - Counsel)
- Patents - Fields of Science and Engineering
- Patent Law Treaty is coming to Canada
- Government of Canada announces the creation of a College
- Budget Days in Canada: Much ado about, well, stay tuned…
- Ownership in the Age of Printable Goods: The Collision Between 3D Printing and Intellectual Property
- A Bright but Perilous Future for the Tech-Wearing Human
- Tax Breaks for Innovative Companies!
- A bright but perilous future for the tech-wearing human
- Patentability Inegibility in Canada
- 3D Printing: Intellectual Property Right Holders Beware!
- One-click? Not so Fast – Amazon.com Goes Back to the Patent Office
- View more publications
- La brevetabilité des inventions mises en œuvre par ordinateur, Québec International, 2012