Trademark Agent and Supervisor - Trademark Department
To photograph: it is to put on the same line of sight the head, the eye and the heartHenri Cartier-Bresson
Karine Pommier specializes in trademarks, more particularly trademark prosecution and the strategic management of trademarks portfolios. She regularly conducts trademark searches to advise clients on the availability of trademarks in Canada.
Karine Pommier renders strategic advice on branding as well as the protection of intellectual property portfolios in Canada and abroad. She also actively participates in the development of filing strategies and proper trademark use policies that meet clients’ needs. Her pointed expertise allows her to assist clients in expanding and solidifying the value of their trademark portfolios.
Trademark Agent since 2009, Karine Pommier is frequently called upon to participate in complex trademark prosecution cases. Member of the Trade-mark Agent Examining Board since 2018, Karine Pommier contributes to the drafting and marking of the trade-mark agent exams.
- Trademark Agent, Canadian Intellectual Property Office (2009)
- Trademark Agent authorized to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- College Diploma in Paralegal Technology, Collège Ahuntsic (2000)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- Regroupement des praticiens du droit des marques de commerce (RPM)
- Canadian Association of Paralegals (CAP)
- Fashion and clothing
- Food industry/Restaurant
- Information and Communication Technology
- Tobacco industry
- Filing and Prosecuting Trademark Applications
- Trademark Availability (Searches and Opinions)
- Trademark Portfolio Management
- Protection Strategies for Trademarks and Trade names
- Audit and Due Diligence