Justin Freedin specializes in the drafting and prosecution of patent applications and providing patentability, validity, infringement and freedom to operate opinions mainly in the areas of IT, electricity, electronics and telecommunications.
Justin Freedin is a member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec and the Quebec Bar and is a Patent Agent.
Justin was awarded a Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering from McGill University in 2010 and an LL.B. from Université de Montréal in 2013. He also earned a certificate in Chinese Law while spending a semester abroad at the China University of Political Science and Law in Beijing.
Justin joined ROBIC’s team of professionals after articling with the firm.
Throughout his studies in law and engineering, Justin worked as an independent software development contractor. He has worked on a variety of projects with clients ranging from start-ups to multinational corporations. Most of his work was focused on building websites and developing web-based applications, but he has also acquired experience in the fields of bioinformatics and video/image processing through several summer internships.
- Member of the Québec Bar (2014)
- Bachelor of Civil Law (LL.B.), Université de Montréal (2013)
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering (B.Eng.), McGill University (2010)
- Young Bar Association of Montreal (YBAM)
- Industrial Design - counsel
- Patents - Counsel
- Due Diligence (Patents - Counsel)
- Drafting and Prosecution of Patent Applications
- Validity, Infringement, Freedom to Operate and Patentability Opinions
- Patents - Fields of Science and Engineering
- Computer Science
- Image Processing and Computer Aided Vision
- Software development
- IT, Communications and Software