Julien Fleurance Jeandin
Patent Agent in Canada and in the United States, specialized in European patent, Partner
Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understoodMarie Curie
Julien Fleurance specializes in the drafting and prosecution of patent applications and in drafting opinions on patentability, validity, infringement and the freedom to operate, in the field of mechanical engineering.
Prior to joining the Robic team in the fall of 2017, Julien Fleurance spent more than six years in the intellectual property sector in France, including five years with the law firm Beau de Loménie, where he assisted individual inventors, French companies as well as large international groups in obtaining and exercising their patent rights, and represented them before the European Patent Office and the French patent office (Institut National de la Propriété Industrielle).
He is a registered patent agent in Canada since 2019 and in the United States since 2021. Julien received the highest overall score in Canada on the 2019 patent agent examination, an honor that earned him the J. Edward Maybee Memorial Award.
- Qualifying exams for the European Patent Office and the French National Institute of Industrial Property (2015)
- University degree in Patents, Centre d’Études Internationales en Propriété Intellectuelle, France (2014)
- Master degree in Science and Engineering, École des Mines de Saint-Etienne, France (2005)
- J.Edward Maybee Award (IPIC) (2020)
- Best cumulative score in Canada - Patent Agent Qualifying Examination (2019)
- Automotive industry
- Common consumer products
- Industrial processes
- Sporting equipment
- Industrial Design - counsel
- Drafting and Prosecution of Industrial Design Applications
- Validity, Infringement and Freedom to Operate Opinions
- Patents - Counsel
- Drafting and Prosecution of Patent Applications
- Validity, Infringement, Freedom to Operate and Patentability Opinions
- Patents - Fields of Science and Engineering
- Medical Devices
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Processes
- Wind Energy
- NAVIGATING THE NEW CANADIAN PATENT RULES.
- THE EUROPEAN PATENT WITH UNITARY EFFECT AND THE UNIFIED PATENT JURISDICTION COMES INTO FORCE.
- NEW PATENT RULES WILL BRING SIGNIFICANT CHANGES TO CANADIAN PATENT PRACTICE
- New technology: What can we do today to avoid regrets tomorrow?
- Crisis period: Managing your Intellectual Property in a Healthy Way!
- À la conquête du vieux continent : quelle stratégie de protection préconiser pour votre propriété intellectuelle en Europe? (ROBIC, décembre 2020)