Lawyer and Trademark Agent
Amat Victoria Curam – Victory loves preparation
- Practice areas
- Client industries
Gabriel St-Laurent is a lawyer and trademark agent who works in the areas of litigation and trademarks, in addition to being a member of the Marketing and Advertising Group at ROBIC.
With his extensive knowledge of trademarks and copyrights, Gabriel regularly advises clients on the protection of their rights and participates in the development of strategies regarding complex intellectual property issues.
Gabriel has also developed an expertise in passing off and trademark infringement and represents clients before the courts and administrative tribunals.
In addition to his litigation and trademark practice, Gabriel advises clients on copyright, marketing and advertising matters, including the requirements of the Charter of the French language and the Regulation respecting the language of commerce and business.
Gabriel holds a bachelor’s degree in Civil Law from Université Laval, a Juris Doctor from Université de Sherbrooke and a master’s degree in Information Technology and Intellectual Property Law from the University of Hong Kong.
Gabriel joined ROBIC after completing his internship at the firm.
- Successfully represented one of the largest fast-food chains in a trademark infringement case related to the cannabis industry.
- Represents one of the largest energy drink manufacturers in administrative litigation.
- Represents a public aerospace company in a trade secret case involving several suppliers of The Boeing Company.
- Advises the owner of one of the most popular e-commerce platforms in the fashion industry on a day-to-day basis on all aspects of intellectual property.
- Represents a transnational firm specializing in the sale of plastic containers in all matters relating to trademarks.
- Advises one of Canada’s largest pharmaceutical groups in the implementation of a strategy to protect its intellectual property.
- Trademark Agent (2022)
- Member of the Quebec Bar (2017)
- Master of Laws in Information Technology and Intellectual Property Law (LL.M.) University of Hong Kong (2016)
- Juris Doctor (JD), Université de Sherbrooke (2015)
- Bachelor of Civil Law (LL.B.), Université Laval (2014)
- Young Bar of Montreal
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- Best Lawyers in Canada 2023 : Intellectual Property Law
- Entertainment Law
- Business Law
- Medical Devices
- Confidentiality and Trade Secrets
- Competition and Unfair Competition
- Copyright - Counsel
- Piracy and Counterfeiting
- Copyright Registrations
- Licenses and Assignments
- Trademarks Litigation
- Copyright Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Prevention and Resolution of Disputes and Conflicts
- Medical devices
- Objection proceedings and Listing proceedings
- Domain Names (Protection, Management and Arbitration Proceedings)
- Filing and Prosecuting Trademark Applications
- Trademark Availability (Searches and Opinions)
- Opposition and Cancellation Proceedings
- Overview of graffiti and its legal considerations in Canada
- New regulations coming into force regarding the presence of French on outdoor signage in Québec. Are you ready for November 24th?
- New addition regarding Trade-Marks Regulations in Canada – Divisional Applications
- Overview of Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality in Canada
- « Travailler avec les influenceurs » (Legal.IT, 2022)
- « Le graffiti et le droit d’auteur. Réflexions, mise en œuvre et considérations juridiques » (Développements récents du Barreau du Québec, 2018)
- « Image de marque et propriété intellectuelle » (SOCOM, Montréal, Octobre 2022)
- À la conquête du vieux continent : quelle stratégie de protection préconiser pour votre propriété intellectuelle en Europe? (ROBIC, décembre 2020)