Amat Victoria Curam – Victory loves preparation
Gabriel St-Laurent works in trademark law, copyright law and commercial law related to intellectual property.
Specialized in trademarks, Gabriel is frequently called upon to take charge of administrative disputes related to opposition proceedings as well as procedures for the cancellation of trademark registrations before the Registrar, from the filing of proceedings to hearings oral. Gabriel is also working to develop strategies for pursuing registration applications as well as providing opinions on the availability of trademarks.
Concurrently with his trademark practice, Gabriel advises clients on copyright issues as well as the requirements of the Charter of the French Language and the Regulation on the Language of Commerce and Business.
Aware of commercial concerns that can vary from one industry to another and in order to offer a bespoke service, Gabriel is constantly listening to customers and adapts to their way of doing things.
Gabriel joined ROBIC after completing his internship at the firm.
- Member of the Quebec Bar (2017)
- Master of Laws in Information Technology and Intellectual Property Law (LL.M.) University of Hong Kong (2016)
- Juris Doctor (JD), Université de Sherbrooke (2015)
- Bachelor of Civil Law (LL.B.), Université Laval (2014)
- Young Bar of Montreal
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- Entertainment Law
- Emerging Technologies
- E-commerce and digital marketing
- Business Law
- Medical Devices
- Confidentiality and Trade Secrets
- Competition and Unfair Competition
- Copyright - Counsel
- Piracy and Counterfeiting
- Copyright Registrations
- Licenses and Assignments
- Trademarks Litigation
- Copyright Litigation
- Medical devices
- Objection proceedings and Listing proceedings
- Domain Names (Protection, Management and Arbitration Proceedings)
- Filing and Prosecuting Trademark Applications
- Trademark Availability (Searches and Opinions)
- Opposition and Cancellation Proceedings
- Overview of graffiti and its legal considerations in Canada
- New regulations coming into force regarding the presence of French on outdoor signage in Québec. Are you ready for November 24th?
- New addition regarding Trade-Marks Regulations in Canada – Divisional Applications
- Overview of Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality in Canada
- À la conquête du vieux continent : quelle stratégie de protection préconiser pour votre propriété intellectuelle en Europe? (ROBIC, décembre 2020)