Lawyer and Trademark Agent
You must do the thing you think you cannot do.Eleanor Roosevelt
Elodie Dion specializes in intellectual property litigation and advises clients in matters involving patents, industrial designs, copyright and trademarks. She is involved in all aspects of litigation from preparing and initiating new court proceedings to bringing complex cases to trial before all levels of provincial and federal courts.
Elodie completed a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Law (LL.B.) at the Université de Sherbrooke in 2012 and holds a Master’s degree (Master 2) in Intellectual Property Law from the Université Lumière Lyon II obtained in 2014. She is also a registered trademark agent since 2020.
Passionate about arts, Elodie has been involved in several committees of cultural organisations and she is currently a member of the Young Governors Committee of Les Grands Ballets Canadiens.
Elodie joined ROBIC in 2022 after having worked in litigation in a national firm specialized in intellectual property, where she represented large companies accross various industries including sporting equipment, food and entertainment.
- Successfully represented a major wireless speakers company in a patent litigation against Google in one of the first decisions about Internet-of-Things in Canada.
- Represents one of the biggest international family entertainment, movies and media enterprises in a copyright litigation.
- Successfully represented major entertainment companies in obtaining and enforcing an interim and interlocutory injunction order against the operators of an unauthorized internet protocol television (“IPTV”) service which provided unauthorized access to a vast amount of infringing motion picture and television copyrighted content.
- Represented media and telecommunications companies in one of the first decisions in Canada applying the exception under section 31 of the Copyright Act on retransmission.
- Represents the most important collective society in Canada in its copyright reproduction right tariff cases.
- Represented a leading manufacturer of hockey equipment in patent infringement litigation.
- Trademark Agent, Canadian Intellectual Property Office (2020)
- Member of the Québec Bar (2016)
- Master's degree in intellectual property law, Université Lumière Lyon II, France (2014)
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), Université de Sherbrooke (2012)
- The Young Bar of Montréal (YMB)
- The Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- Association of Trademark Practitioners (RPM)
- Association of Lawyers for the Advancement of the Arts (AJAVA) ~ Member of the Board
- International Literary and Artistic Association (ALAI)
- Jeunes Gouverneurs des Grands Ballets Canadiens - Member of the Executive Committee
- Advocates’ Society
- Business Law
- Confidentiality and Trade Secrets
- Management and Commercialization of Intellectual Property Rights
- Copyright - Counsel
- Piracy and Counterfeiting
- Protection Strategies for Copyright
- Licenses and Assignments
- Patents and Industrial Design Litigation
- Trademarks Litigation
- Unfair Competition Litigation
- Copyright Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Prevention and Resolution of Disputes and Conflicts
- Patents - Counsel
- Domain Names (Protection, Management and Arbitration Proceedings)
- Trademark Availability (Searches and Opinions)
- Trademark Infrigement
- Opposition and Cancellation Proceedings