Dominique Nolet specializes in the drafting and prosecution of patent applications and in providing patentability, validity, infringement and freedom to operate opinions, in the fields of electronics, electricity, telecommunications and computer science.
Dominique Nolet is a registered patent agent in Canada. A member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec, she was awarded a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from École Polytechnique de Montréal in 2000. She completed the second year of her Bachelor’s degree in Spanish at the Instituto Technólogico Monterrey in Mexico.
Dominique Nolet obtained the highest cumulative score in Canada in the patent agent qualifying exam in 2011. She also had the highest score in the country for the patent drafting portion of this exam. Dominique received respectively the J. Edward Maybee Memorial and the Marie F. Morency Memorial from the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada Foundation for these two accomplishments in October 2012.
Dominique Nolet has over five years of professional experience in the fields of telecommunications, semiconductors and metrology. She has travelled across North America and Asia (Japan, Taiwan, Korea, Thailand), in the course of her professional career. She also gained experience as a senior consultant at Ernst & Young, preparing applications for tax credits for scientific research and experimental development.
She joined ROBIC in the fall of 2007, and is a member of the firm’s Technology Committee.
Dominique Nolet’s clients include all-sized companies both in Canada and throughout the world. Her clients specialize in various fields, including:
• Computer Aided Vision
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (B. Eng.), École Polytechnique de Montréal (2000)
- Industrial Design - counsel
- Drafting and Prosecution of Industrial Design Applications
- Validity, Infringement and Freedom to Operate Opinions
- Patents - Counsel
- Drafting and Prosecution of Patent Applications
- Validity, Infringement, Freedom to Operate and Patentability Opinions
- Patents - Fields of Science and Engineering
- Computer Science
- Image Processing and Computer Aided Vision
- Artificial Intelligence
- Aeronautics and Aerospace
- Construction and Structures
- IT, Communications and Software