Engineer and Patent Agent in Canada and in the United States, Partner
The secret of getting ahead is getting startedMark Twain
Dominique Nolet specializes in the drafting and prosecution of patent applications and in providing patentability, validity, infringement and freedom to operate opinions, in the fields of electronics, electricity, telecommunications and computer science.
Dominique Nolet has over five years of professional experience in the fields of telecommunications, semiconductors and metrology. She has travelled across North America and Asia (Japan, Taiwan, Korea, Thailand), in the course of her professional career. She also gained experience as a senior consultant at Ernst & Young, preparing applications for tax credits for scientific research and experimental development.
She joined ROBIC in the Fall of 2007 and she is a member of the firm’s Technology Committee.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (B. Eng.), École Polytechnique de Montréal (2000)
- Instituto Technologico de Monterrey au Mexique
- Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ)
- J. Edward Maybee Memorial (IPIC) (2012)
- Marie F. Morency Memorial (IPIC) (2012)
- Highest cumulative score in Canada - Patent agent qualifying exam (2011)
- Highest score in Canada for the patent drafting portion - Patent agent qualifying exam (2011)
- Computer Aided Vision
- Industrial Design - counsel
- Drafting and Prosecution of Industrial Design Applications
- Validity, Infringement and Freedom to Operate Opinions
- Patents - Counsel
- Drafting and Prosecution of Patent Applications
- Validity, Infringement, Freedom to Operate and Patentability Opinions
- Patents - Fields of Science and Engineering
- Computer Science
- Image Processing and Computer Aided Vision
- Artificial Intelligence