Ph. D., Biochemistry, Patent Agent in Canada and in the United States, Counsel
I wish, when I was first born, the first thing I said was "Quote" so the last thing I said before I died would be "UnquoteSteven Wright
Charles Goyer specializes in the drafting and prosecution of patent applications and in providing validity, infringement, right to manufacture and patentability opinions in the field of life sciences. He has been a registered patent agent in Canada and the United States since 2005.
Charles has more than 20 years of experience in the field of intellectual property. He is particularly experienced in the area of biotechnology and in foreign patent practices. He holds a doctorate in biochemistry and a master’s degree in microbiology, both involving molecular biology and genetics.
Drawing from his vast experience, Charles assists his clients with the elaboration and execution of tailored and efficient IP strategies.
Charles Goyer is a member of the firm’s Life Sciences Committee.
- Ph.D., in Biochemistry, McGill University (1993)
- Masters in Microbiology and Immunology (M.Sc.), Université de Montréal (1986)
- Bachelor in Biology (B. Sc.), Université de Montréal (1982)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Genomics and proteomics
- Patents - Counsel
- Due Diligence
- Portfolio Management
- Drafting and Prosecution of Patent Applications
- Validity, Infringement, Freedom to Operate and Patentability Opinions
- Strategic Planning
- International Patent Portfolio Management
- Patents - Fields of Science and Engineering
- Medical Devices
- Immunology and vaccinology
- Formulation and Cosmetics
- Life Sciences
- Green Technologies