Ph. D., Biochemistry, Patent Agent in Canada and in the United States, Business development and Senior Counsel
You can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you loveJim Carey
Charles Goyer specializes in the drafting and prosecution of patent applications and in providing validity, infringement, right to manufacture and patentability opinions in the field of life sciences, more particularly in biotechnology since November 1992. He is a registered patent agent in Canada and the United States since 2005.
Charles will soon have 30 years of experience in intellectual property. He is particularly experienced in foreign patent practices and in strategies for designing and protecting his IP assets. He holds a Ph.D in biochemistry and a master’s degree in microbiology, both involving molecular biology and genetics.
With his experience and entrepreneurial spirit, Charles Goyer has been supporting the firm’s clients with the elaboration and execution of tailored and efficient IP strategies since 2014. More recently, Charles has brought to Robic the benefit of a large network in several range of technical and cultural fields.
Charles Goyer is a member of the firm’s Life Sciences Committee.
- Ph.D., in Biochemistry, McGill University (1993)
- Masters in Microbiology and Immunology (M.Sc.), Université de Montréal (1986)
- Bachelor in Biology (B. Sc.), Université de Montréal (1982)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Genomics and proteomics
- Patents - Counsel
- Portfolio Management
- Strategic Planning
- International Patent Portfolio Management
- Patents - Fields of Science and Engineering
- Medical Devices
- Immunology and vaccinology
- Formulation and Cosmetics
- Life Sciences
- Green Technologies