The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficultyWinston Churchill
Cara Parisien practices intellectual property law, with a focus on litigation and is a member of the Emerging Technologies Group. She advises clients on patent, trademark, industrial design and copyright issues. In addition, Cara has particular expertise in cyber-investigation and cyber-security.
Cara completed a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Law (LL.B.) as well as a graduate degree in North American common law (Juris Doctor) at the Université de Montréal in 2018. Cara also earned a Bachelor of Commerce with a specialization in Finance from the University of Ottawa in 2015.
Before joining the firm, Cara worked for several corporations in the life sciences industry as well as for the Ontario Ministry for the Attorney General.
Cara joined ROBIC after articling with the firm, and is a member of the Quebec Bar.
- Member of the Quebec Bar (2019)
- Juris Doctor (JD), Université de Montréal (2018)
- Bachelor of Civil Law (LL.B.), Université de Montréal (2018)
- Honours Bachelor of Commerce (Finance), University of Ottawa (2015)
- Young Bar of Montreal (YBM)
- The Advocates’ Society
- Emerging Technologies
- Data Protection, Privacy and Cybersecurity
- Privacy by design
- Business Law
- Confidentiality and Trade Secrets
- Regulatory Affairs
- Licensing and Technology Transfers (Business Law)
- Management and Commercialization of Intellectual Property Rights
- Copyright - Counsel
- Patents and Industrial Design Litigation
- Medical Devices
- Trademarks Litigation
- Copyright Litigation
- Prevention and Resolution of Disputes and Conflicts
- Extraordinary legal remedies(Ordonnances Norwich, Anton Piller)
- Patents - Counsel
- Licensing and Technology Transfers (Patents - Counsel)
- Medical devices
- Charter of the French Language
- Domain Names (Protection, Management and Arbitration Proceedings)
- Opposition and Cancellation Proceedings
- L’évaluation financière des actifs de propriété intellectuelle (ROBIC, septembre 2020)