Bob H. Sotiriadis specializes in litigation in all areas of industrial and intellectual property law. He has also developed a widely-recognized practice in licensing and transactional intellectual property, including strategic IP management, due diligence and auditing as well as the management and commercialization of intellectual property rights.
Bob H. Sotiriadis was awarded a Bachelor of Civil Law (LL. B) from Université de Sherbrooke in 1983 and was called to the Québec Bar in 1984. He is also a Certified mediator of the Quebec Institute for Mediation and Arbitration (IMAQ) and a member of IP Neutrals of Canada and the ADR Institute of Canada.
For many years, Bob H. Sotiriadis taught intellectual property law and transactional intellectual property law at McGill University’s Faculty of Law. He has also taught IP trial advocacy at Université de Montréal’s Faculty of Law. Bob H. Sotiriadis has authored many papers and is a frequent speaker on these subjects at seminars in Canada and around the world.
Bob H. Sotiriadis is Past Chair of the intellectual property and entertainment law section of the International Bar Association (IBA). He is Past Chair of the national intellectual property executive of the Canadian Bar Association (CBA). In addition, he is a Fellow of the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC), and a member of the American Bar Association (ABA) and the Association of University Technology Managers (AUTM).
He is consistently ranked as a leading versatile IP practitioner in Canada by publications such as International Who’s Who of Trademark Lawyers, International Who’s Who of Patent Lawyers, Chambers Global Guide to the World’s Leading Lawyers for Business (IP Litigation and IP Management), The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Who’s Who Legal: Canada (Patents, Trademarks, Life Sciences). Furthermore, Bob H. Sotiriadis is listed in Best Lawyers in Canada as a leading lawyer in intellectual property and in the biotechnology field. He is also listed in the IAM 1000 Guide to the World’s Leading Patent Practitioners and the WTR 1000 Guide to the World’s Leading Trademark Professionals in enforcement and litigation, prosecution and strategy, and transactions.
- Member of the Québec Bar (1984)
- Bachelor of Civil Law (LL.B.), Université de Sherbrooke (1983
- Association of University Technology Managers (AUTM)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Fellow of the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Canadian Bar Association (CBA)
- Business Law
- Due Diligence (Business Law)
- Confidentiality and Trade Secrets
- Licensing and Technology Transfers (Business Law)
- Management and Commercialization of Intellectual Property Rights
- Protection Strategies for Copyright
- Copyright Registrations
- Industrial Design - counsel
- Patents and Industrial Design Litigation
- Trademarks Litigation
- Copyright Litigation
- Patents - Counsel
- Portfolio Management
- Validity, Infringement, Freedom to Operate and Patentability Opinions
- Strategic Planning
- Patents - Fields of Science and Engineering
- Domain Names (Protection, Management and Arbitration Proceedings)
- Filing and Prosecuting Trademark Applications
- Trademark Availability (Searches and Opinions)
- Trademark Portfolio Management
- Trademark Contracts and Negotiations
- Advertisement, Marketing and Publishing
- Food and Beverage
- Industrial Chemistry
- IT, Communications and Software
- Life sciences
- An Overview of International Jurisprudence on Embedded Linking and Framing Related Unfair-Competition, Passing-Off and Trademark Questions
- Trademarks in China : a Few Basic Facts Before Diving in by Bob H. Sotiriadis and Manon Moreau
- Trademarks in China : A few basics facts before diving in
- The Best Trademarks: 6 Tips to Keep in Mind
- Misappropriating american Trade-Marks in Canada
- Differences Between U.S and Canadian Law Regarding Intellectual Property
- Danger of Disclosure Under what Circumstances does the Release of Information Concerning an Invention Make it Unpatentable?
- The Importance of Registering Licenses on Patents in the Patent Office
- Music File Sharing on the Internet is Still Legal, at Least for Now
- Victory for Biotech Companies at the Supreme Court
- View more publications