Alain Provost specializes in the drafting and prosecution of patent applications and in providing opinions in the fields of electricity, information technology and electronic instrumentation as well as industrial designs.
He is a registered patent agent in Canada since 1987 and in the United States since 1988.
Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec, Alain Provost is experienced in the patents’ field within the Canadian, American and international practices.
Member of the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC) for many years, he participates in the Joint Liaison Committee – Industrial Designs IPIC/Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO).
He has been teaching Intellectual Property courses since 2006 at École Polytechnique de Montréal.
Alain Provost’s clients are important businesses of all sizes, both Canadian and foreign, from various technical fields, including :
• Transportation of electricity on powerlines
• Electric Instrumentation
• Hybrid Motor Vehicles
• Manufacturing Industry
• Devices and Methods incorporating softwares
• Measuring Instruments
• Ice breaking devices for powerlines
• Cleaning Devices
• Various Mechanical Devices
• Wind Energy
Alain Provost advises his clients on patents and industrial designs while taking into account their respective commercial realities so they can better protect their interests and assets. Among others, he advises on strategies for filing patent applications and protecting inventions.
Within the firm, Alain Provost is a member of the practices committee, IT committee, IP Management Softwares Development Committee and the recruiting committee for the patent sector.
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering (B. Ing.), École Polytechnique de Montréal (1983)
- FICPI Canada
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- Industrial Design - counsel
- Drafting and Prosecution of Industrial Design Applications
- Validity, Infringement and Freedom to Operate Opinions
- Patents - Counsel
- Portfolio Management
- Drafting and Prosecution of Patent Applications
- Validity, Infringement, Freedom to Operate and Patentability Opinions
- Strategic Planning
- International Patent Portfolio Management
- Patents - Fields of Science and Engineering
- Electronic Instrumentation
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Computer Science
- Image Processing and Computer Aided Vision
- Artificial Intelligence
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Processes
- Physical Sciences
- Wind Energy
- Aeronautics and Aerospace
- IT, Communications and Software