Transactional and Financing Lawyer
Does the idea of conducting large-scale transactions with a high-end clientele appeal to you? Would you like to contribute to the success of a growing team and benefit from a tailored career path? This could be the opportunity for you!
As a growing firm, ROBIC is looking for a transactional law and financing Lawyer to join our dynamic team in Montreal or Quebec City.
In this role, you will work as an expert in business law and financing for a wide range of companies including start-ups to well recognized companies. You will accompany them in the creation and evolution of their business and become a true partner in their success and growth. You will participate in major transactions in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate financing, venture capital and corporate reorganizations, among others, and will also have the opportunity to participate in files related to technology transfer, licensing and collaborations.
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE ROBIC?
- Collaborate with dynamic, competent and positive people in an environment where everyone can be themselves.
- Reach new challenges, while enjoying a good work-life balance.
- Have the flexibility to work from home a few days a week.
- Access to a variety of benefits: avant-garde incentive compensation system, group insurance, telemedicine system for you and your family, employee assistance program, public transportation discounts, computer equipment provided, cell phone provided, etc.
- Join the team of an employer focused on your professional development and in helping you create a career tailored to your needs;
- Work in a new, bright, completely renovated workspace that is easily accessible by public transportation and where coffee is always free.
- Participate in activities where wellness is emphasized (team sports challenges, meditation sessions, etc.).
- Interact with your colleagues at various social events.
- Join a team of over 30 of highly respected Patent Agents and Technical Advisors in Intellectual Property in Canada, where law, business and science come together.
- Seven (7) years of experience in business law and/or financing.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage a transaction independently.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Demonstrate a sustained level of knowledge in transactional and corporate matters, as well as in venture capital financing.
- Be a member of the Quebec Bar.
- Fluency in French and English, both oral and written.
- Experience or knowledge in taxation (an asset).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Team spirit.
- Business acumen.
- Negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage several files simultaneously while respecting deadlines.
- Resourcefulness, attention to detail and autonomy.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Competitive and forward-thinking incentive compensation system that focuses on skills development and is not limited to billable hours.
- Opportunity to have a lot of autonomy and to take on many responsibilities quickly, while having the training and coaching associated with it.
- Group insurance (life, disability, drug, dental, travel, etc.), telemedicine and employee assistance program for you and your family.
- Cell phone provided and paid 100% by the firm.
- Several investments in continuing education.
- Events to recognize the contribution of the members of the firm.
- A warm and friendly work environment where it is possible to have fun.
Our firm is a proud member of the Legal Leaders for Diversity and Inclusion (LLD) network. By being part of this network, we confirm our commitment to providing all members of our team with an inclusive work environment that values diversity, equity and inclusion, and in which everyone feels welcome and can develop their full potential. We believe and adhere to the principle of employment equity. As such, we encourage all qualified candidates who represent the diversity of our communities to apply.
The position is available now. We can’t wait to meet you!