Technical Patent Advisor / Engineer
Are you passionate about writing and innovations related to your field? Are you looking for a job in a professional and dynamic environment? We want to meet you!
Founded in 1892, ROBIC is an internationally renowned firm bringing together professionals with varied skills including lawyers, scientists and engineers specializing in intellectual property and business law.
We are always looking for engineers to join our energetic team as a Technical Patent Advisor. The successful candidate will participate in the drafting of patent applications in collaboration with patent agents recognized for their expertise in their fields (engineering, science, etc.). They will play a key role in obtaining patents for our local and international clients.
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE ROBIC?
- Work with some of the most respected intellectual property lawyers and agents in Canada, where law, business and science come together
- Reach new challenges, while enjoying a good work-life balance;
- Be part of a compassionate, innovative and dynamic team;
- Join the team of an employer focused on your professional development and in helping you create a career tailored to your needs;
- Surpass yourself and develop your knowledge in an environment that encourages continuing education;
- Interact with your colleagues during a variety of social events;
- Have access to various social benefits (avant-garde incentive compensation system, group insurance, teleworking, etc.);
- Work in a new, bright and completely renovated workspace.
- Meet with inventors to discuss cutting-edge technologies;
- Ensure the preparation, drafting and continuity of patent applications in Canada and elsewhere in the world;
- Prepare opinions on patentability, infringement, validity and freedom to manufacture;
- Use your scientific knowledge regurlarly in a creative and innovative business environment within a legal framework;
- Meet tight deadlines and manage time effiently;
- Communicate with clients orally and in writing to respond to their requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (computer science, electrical, mechanical, chemical, process, metallurgical, materials, physics, civil, aerospace, etc.);
- Drafting and communication skills in French and English (both oral and written);
- Master or Doctorate in engineering (asset).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Intellectual curiosity;
- Independence, initiative and resourcefulness.
This position represents an excellent opportunity to learn and be trained by highly recognized patent agents. We provide solid training for candidates aspiring to take exams and become a patent agent.
Interested candidates are requested to send their resumes to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to meet you!