Supervisor of Documentation Technicians, Patent Sector
Are you committed to mobilizing a team and achieving common goals? This position is for you!
Robic is looking for a Documentation Technician Supervisor for our Patents team. Reporting to the partner in charge of the department, your primary mission will be to manage the team mentioned above. In this role, you will ensure that the team achieves the firm’s strategic objectives, while ensuring the quality of deliverables and client service. As this sector is undergoing a major transformation, you will play a key role in the implementation of new processes.
Founded in 1892, ROBIC is an internationally renowned firm of professionals with a wide range of skills, including lawyers, scientists and engineers specialized in intellectual property and business law.
WHY JOIN ROBIC?
- To be part of a human and dynamic team;
- To socialize with your colleagues at our many social events;
- To have access to our half-Friday program, allowing you to leave at 12:30 p.m. every other Friday;
- To be able to telework up to three (3) days a week;
- To have access to a variety of benefits: group insurance, employer-sponsored pension plans, sick days, service recognition program, cell phone provided, telemedicine system, employee assistance program, etc;
- To access opportunities for advancement;
- To develop your management skills through personalized coaching and customized training;
- To be part of a team where your vision and ideas are considered;
- To work in a bright new workspace, completely renovated and easily accessible by public transport, where coffee is free at all times.
- Coordinate and distribute work among team members;
- Answer questions from team members and colleagues from other departments;
- Supervise the work of team members;
- Organize and lead team meetings;
- Ensure compliance with internal processes;
- Plan and prioritize to ensure deadlines are met;
- Ensure quality control and compliance with procedures;
- Ensure overall departmental objectives are met;
- Participate in process improvement initiatives;
- Suggest improvements and implement best practices for your team;
- Replace the Supervisor of assistants and paralegals during vacations or absences.
Human Resources (25%):
- Participate in interviews when recruiting for a role within your team;
- Participate in welcoming and integrating new employees;
- Train new employees;
- Set performance standards for the team and provide coaching as needed;
- Evaluate the skills and performance of team members and ensure they are adequate to meet the firm’s objectives;
- Mobilize team members towards a common goal;
- Approve overtime;
- Approve vacation and absence requests;
- Manage problem situations within the team in collaboration with Human Resources;
- Participate in annual team meetings and establish annual performance objectives;
- Act as a positive change agent and encourage team members to embrace change.
Administrative verification responsibilities (10%):
- Be available to support the team in case of emergency or overload.
- Seven (7) or more years of relevant patent experience;
- Fluency in French and English, both written and spoken;
- Proficiency in Office suite software (Excel, Word, Powerpoint);
- Experience in team management (an asset);
- Experience in organizational and/or operational transformation (an asset).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Mobilizing leadership;
- Judgment and analytical skills;
- Ability to clearly communicate expectations;
- Priority management and strong organizational skills;
- Team spirit;
- Professionalism and discretion.
Our firm is a proud member of the LLD (Legal Leaders for Diversity and Inclusion) network. By being part of this network, we confirm our commitment to offering all our team members an inclusive work environment that values diversity, equity and inclusion, and in which everyone feels welcome and can develop their full potential. We believe and adhere to the principle of employment equity. As such, we encourage all qualified candidates who represent the diversity of our communities to apply.
We are proud to be “Great Place to Work” certified, thanks to our team members! This recognition illustrates our commitment to the well-being and satisfaction of our team. At ROBIC, we believe that everyone plays an essential role in maintaining a positive and inclusive corporate culture. We aim to constantly reinvent ourselves and implement best practices to ensure that our team members are happy. We warmly invite those who share our passion to join us and contribute to our continued success!
The position is available immediately. We look forward to meeting you!