PATENT TECHNICAL ADVISOR, COMPUTER ENGINEERING
Are you passionate about innovations related to your field of practice in engineering and enjoy writing? Are you looking for a job in a professional and dynamic environment? We want to meet you!
ROBIC is looking for engineers to join our dynamic team as patent technical advisors. The chosen individuals will participate in drafting patent applications in collaboration with patent agents recognized as experts in their respective fields (engineering, science, etc.).
Founded in 1892, ROBIC is an internationally renowned firm, bringing together professionals with varied competencies, including lawyers, scientists and engineers specializing in intellectual property and business law.
WHY DO YOU WANT TO WORK FOR US?
- To excel and develop your knowledge, in an environment that encourages continuing education;
- To be part of a warm, human-scaled and dynamic team;
- To have access to various benefits (avant-garde incentive compensation system, group insurance, telecommuting, etc.);
- To work in a bright and completely renovated workspace.
- Meet inventors to discuss cutting-edge technologies;
- See to the preparation, drafting and pursuit of patent applications in Canada and the rest of the world;
- Prepare opinions on patentability, infringement, validity and freedom to manufacture;
- Use your scientific knowledge daily in a creative and innovative business environment within a legal framework;
- Meet tight deadlines and manage your time efficiently;
- Communicate with the clients orally and in writing to respond to their requests.
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering;
- Writing and communication skills in French and English (oral and written);
- Master’s or Ph.D. In engineering (advantage).
APTITUDES AND SKILLS
- Business acumen;
- Intellectual curiosity;
- Autonomy, initiative and resourcefulness;
- Ability to see the big picture.
These positions represent an excellent opportunity to learn and be trained by highly recognized patent agents. We offer solid training for candidates to aspire to pass the examinations and become patent agents.
The interested candidates are asked to send their resume and a cover letter to the attention of Catherine Chouinard, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is an excellent opportunity to learn and be trained by highly recognized patent agents. We offer solid training for candidates who aspire to take the exams and become a patent agent.