Paralegal – Trademark Sector
Are you looking for a position as a paralegal that will allow you to be autonomous and to take on intellectually stimulating challenges? Are you meticulous and curious? We want to meet you!
We are looking for a paralegal to join our dynamic team in the trade-mark sector. Reporting to the Supervisor of Paralegals, the successful candidate will be part of a group currently composed of nine (9) paralegals and will work closely with some of the most respected intellectual property lawyers in Canada.
Founded in 1892, ROBIC is an internationally renowned firm of professionals with a wide range of skills including lawyers, scientists and engineers specialized in intellectual property and business law.
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE ROBIC?
- Be part of a human and dynamic team;
- Interact with your colleagues during several social activities;
- Choose a schedule that allows you to facilitate your work-family balance;
- Access to various social benefits: group insurance, pension plans with employer participation, sick days, years of service recognition program, no overtime.
- Access advancement opportunities;
- Follow several training courses in order to develop yourself;
- Be part of a team where your point of view and ideas are considered;
- Prepare and file applications for the registration of trademarks in Canada and abroad;
- Analyze and comment on examination reports received in connection with various applications;
- Communicate with foreign correspondents and clients (in French and English);
- Review the status of files and prepare summary reports;
- Follow-up on trademark files and respect deadlines;
- Conduct legal research (using traditional tools, databases and the Internet);
- Drafting certain proceedings before the Trademark Office, including arguments;
- Develop strategies for the adoption, protection, development and exploitation of trademarks;
- Carry out any other related tasks.
- College diploma in paralegal studies (or equivalent);
- Experience as a paralegal (asset);
- Excellent oral and written skills in French and English.
We do not require candidates to have any prior knowledge of intellectual property as the training is provided by the firm.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Intellectual curiosity and resourcefulness;
- Great sense of Independence;
- Precision and detail-oriented;
- Ease and interest in teamwork;
- Ability to adapt;
- Ability to manage priorities.
The position is available now. We look forward to meet you!