Life Sciences Patent Technical Advisor
Are you passionate about writing and innovation in the field of life sciences? Are you looking for a job in a professional and forward-thinking environment? We want to meet you!
ROBIC is looking for a Life Sciences Scientist to join our dynamic team as a Patent Technical Advisor. This position has just been created due to the significant growth of our team. The selected candidate will participate in the drafting of patent applications in collaboration with patent agents recognized as experts in their respective fields (engineering, science, etc.).
Founded in 1892, ROBIC is an internationally renowned firm of professionals with a wide range of skills including lawyers, scientists and engineers specialized in intellectual property and business law.
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE ROBIC?
- Join a team of over 30 of highly respected patent agents and technical advisers in intellectual property in Canada, where law, business and science come together;
- Reach new challenges, while enjoying a good work-life balance;
- Be part of a compassionate, innovative and dynamic team;
- Join the team of an employer focused on your professional development and in helping you create a career tailored to your needs;
- Surpass yourself and develop your knowledge in an environment that encourages continuing education;
- Interact with your colleagues during a variety of social events;
- Have access to various social benefits (avant-garde incentive compensation system, group insurance, teleworking, telemedicine system, employee assistance program, cell phone provided, etc.);
- Work in a new, bright and completely renovated workspace.
- Meet with inventors to discuss cutting-edge life science technologies;
- Ensure the preparation, drafting and prosecution of patent applications in Canada and elsewhere in the world;
- Prepare patentability, infringement, validity and freedom to manufacture opinions;
- Use scientific knowledge on a daily basis in a creative and innovative business environment within a legal framework;
- Meet tight deadlines and manage time effectively;
- Communicate with clients to meet their demands.
- PhD in Biotechnology specializing in one of the following fields: biochemistry, molecular genetics, cell and molecular biology, protein engineering or bioinformatics;
- Writing and communication skills in French and English;
- Experience with patents (asset);
- Experience as a researcher or medical writer (asset).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Business sense;
- Intellectual curiosity;
- Autonomy, initiative and resourcefulness;
- Ability to see the big picture;
- Team spirit.
This position is an excellent opportunity to learn and be trained by highly regarded patent agents. We offer solid training for candidates who aspire to pass the exams and become a patent agent. We also offer a competitive salary and a full range of benefits in a warm and friendly work environment, allowing our professionals to excel.
Our firm is a proud member of the Legal Leaders for Diversity and Inclusion (LLD) network. By being part of this network, we confirm our commitment to providing all members of our team with an inclusive work environment that values diversity, equity and inclusion, and in which everyone feels welcome and can develop their full potential. We believe and adhere to the principle of employment equity. As such, we encourage all qualified candidates who represent the diversity of our communities to apply.
We look forward to meeting you!