Assistant, Patent Department
Are you motivated, versatile and resourceful? Are you looking for a job in a professional and dynamic environment? Do you want to have intellectual challenges combined with legal and administrative responsibilities? We want to meet you!
In order to support the growth of its team, ROBIC is currently seeking a Patent Assistant with good organizational skills, attention to detail and team spirit. The selected candidate will assist patent agents who are recognized experts in their respective fields (engineering, science, etc.). The assistant will play a key role in the day-to-day operations of challenging intellectual property files. You are not familiar with the patent field? Don’t worry, we will provide you with all the training related to the position!
Founded in 1892, ROBIC is an internationally renowned firm of professionals with a wide range of skills including lawyers, scientists and engineers specialized in intellectual property and business law.
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE ROBIC?
- Be part of a compassionate and dynamic team;
- Choose a schedule that allows you to enjoy a work-life balance, and to have the possibility of finishing at 12:30 p.m. every other Friday throughout the year;
- Access to various social benefits: group insurance, pension plans with employer participation, sick days, recognition program for years of service, telemedicine system for you and your family, employee assistance program, discounts for public transportation, etc;
- Access to remote work a few days a week;
- Access to advancement opportunities;
- Access to several training courses to develop yourself;
- Be part of a team where your opinion and ideas are considered;
- Work in a new, bright and completely renovated workspace that is easily accessible by public transportation and where coffee is free at all times;
- Interact with your colleagues during multiple social activities.
- Assist professionals in the preparation and formatting of patent applications or various documents related to intellectual property;
- Prepare and revise documents in French and English;
- Manage files and electronic documents related to patents;
- Follow up on deadlines;
- Conduct database searches;
- Perform all other related tasks related to administrative and legal support.
Technical (D.E.C.) or professional (D.E.P.) training in office automation or secretarial work (or experience as an assistant);
Knowledge of Word and the Microsoft Office suite.
Experience as an administrative legal assistant will be considered an asset, but not essential. We offer all the training to help you develop your skills.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Judgment, proactivity and organizational skills;
- Desire to learn and grow;
- Initiative and resourcefulness;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team spirit.
Our firm is a proud member of the Legal Leaders for Diversity and Inclusion (LLD) network. By being part of this network, we affirm our commitment to providing all members of our team with an inclusive work environment that values diversity, equity and inclusion, and in which everyone feels welcome and can develop their full potential. We believe and adhere to the principle of employment equity. As such, we encourage all qualified candidates who represent the diversity of our communities to apply.
The position is available immediately. We look forward to meeting you!