Assistant, Trademark Department
Would you like to join an innovative and professional team? Would you like to be involved∙e in challenging intellectual property cases? We want to meet you!
ROBIC is looking for a dynamic assistant interested in developing his/her skills. The successful candidate will work in collaboration with lawyers as well as trademark agents recognized as experts in their respective fields.
Founded in 1892, ROBIC is an internationally renowned firm of professionals with a wide range of skills including lawyers, scientists and engineers specializing in intellectual property and business law.
WHY JOIN ROBIC?
- To be part of a dynamic team;
- To collaborate with two associates with varied practices and sought-after expertise in intellectual property;
- To interact with your colleagues at a variety of social events;
- To choose a schedule that makes it easier for you to balance work and family;
- To be able to finish at 12:30 p.m. every other Friday, year-round;
- To have access to a variety of benefits: group insurance, employer-sponsored pension plans, sick days, service recognition program, no overtime;
- To have access to opportunities for advancement;
- To take several training courses to develop your skills;
- To be part of a team where your views and ideas are considered;
- To have the opportunity to work from home several days a week.
- Assist professionals in the preparation of trademark-related documents;
- Draft, revise, amend and file various procedures in French and English;
- Prepare and file applications for copyright registration;
- Review contractual agreements;
- Open, electronically file, track and organize documents;
- Coordinate customer requests with internal departments;
- Ensure compliance with official and internal deadlines;
- Perform administrative tasks (time entries, diary management, expense reports, etc.);
- Act as commissioner of oaths for clients or team members;
- Prepare and format PowerPoint presentations;
- Ensure collaboration between the Quebec City and Montreal offices, particularly when organizing special events;
- Carry out any other tasks related to legal and administrative support.
- Technical (D.E.C.) or professional (D.E.P.) training in office automation, secretary or equivalent experience;
- Minimum two (2) years experience as an assistant∙e;
- Fluent in French and English;
- Proficiency in Word and knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite;
- Experience in intellectual property (asset).
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Team spirit;
- Autonomy and adaptability;
- Precision and attention to detail;
- Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines;
- Sense of initiative and resourcefulness.
Our firm is a proud member of the LLD (“Legal Leaders for Diversity and Inclusion”) network. By being part of this network, we confirm our commitment to offering all our team members an inclusive working environment that values diversity, equity and inclusion, and in which everyone feels welcomed and can thus develop their full potential. We adhere to the principle of employment equity. As such, we encourage all qualified candidates who represent the diversity of our communities to apply.
We are proud to be “Great Place to Work” certified, thanks to our team members! This recognition illustrates our commitment to the well-being and satisfaction of our team. At ROBIC, we believe that everyone plays an essential role in maintaining a positive, caring and inclusive corporate culture. We aim to constantly reinvent ourselves and implement best practices to ensure that our team members are happy! We warmly invite those who share our passion to join us and contribute to our continued success!
The position is available immediately. We look forward to meeting you!