ROBIC Welcomes Charles Goyer and Steven Lam to its Life Sciences Team
ROBIC is pleased to welcome Charles Goyer, Ph. D. and Steven Lam, Ph. D., patent agents specialized in the field of life sciences.
Charles Goyer specializes in:
• providing strategic and tailored advice regarding the management of patent portfolios;
• drafting and prosecuting patent applications;
• providing validity, infringement, right to manufacture and patentability opinions.
He has been a registered patent agent in Canada and the United States since 2005.
Charles has more than 20 years of experience in the field of intellectual property. He is particularly experienced in the area of biotechnology and in foreign patent practices. He holds a doctorate in biochemistry and a master’s degree in microbiology, both involving molecular biology and genetics.
Steven Lam specializes in:
• drafting and prosecution of patent applications;
• providing opinions on validity, infringement, right to manufacture and patentability related to chemistry and the life sciences;
• management of patent portfolios;
• due diligence mandates.
He has been a registered patent agent in Canada and the United States since 2012.
Steven obtained the highest score in Canada for the patent drafting portion of the patent agent qualifying exam in 2012 and received the Marie F. Morency Memorial Prize from the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada Foundation.
Prior to starting his career in the field of intellectual property, Steven held the position of Senior Scientist in the vaccine division of an international pharmaceutical company. He then worked for six years in the life sciences group of an intellectual property law firm before joining ROBIC.